[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:53:47 UTC 2006

My system plays back HD now with some hiccups.

- Disabled OpenGL Sync
- Mounted the /mnt/store directory with NFS to my remote backend
(backend streaming isn't the greatest in 0.19).
- Enabled Real time priority.

Some channel (WGCL atlanta 18 mbits stream, 1080i) I can play and to
anything to my machine (Browsing web, monitoring my frontend) without
getting pre-buffering pause.  But when I play FOX 720p at 13
mbits/sec, I can't do anything with the system...  Always results in
prebuffering.

I'm not sure why the playback isn't consitent.  30 fps vs 60 fps?

Steve M.