[mythtv-users] ASUS mobo woes

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:03:07 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, dnjohannes at gmail.com <dnjohannes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Marvin,
>
> Not sure this is the same issue I saw with the Asus P5GDC-V Deluxe,
> but when installing FC4 on my hardware I had to enter some gibberish
> before it would successfully install. Forgive me if I don't explain
> this correctly with the right terms (I am a BSD guy), but at the boot:
> prompt when firing up the FC4 installer CD, you can enter something
> like "linux JFS", but instead I first entered "ajldjlfadjasd"
> (gibberish) and then after it reports the illegal option I then
> provide it the option I want (i.e. "linux JFS"). The install seemed to
> work fine after that without any exceptions.
>
> Dave

That's sure odd!

Any chance you have something like a Gentoo or Slackware disc laying
around?  See if you can get the filesystem created with one of those,
check out the startup logs to see if anything tricky had to be done,
and then move back to the Fedora install?  I'd also try passing a slew
of options to the boot disc (nodma..) to see if any of those help.

Good Luck!

Chad