[mythtv-users] ASUS mobo woes

dnjohannes at gmail.com dnjohannes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:32:24 UTC 2006

Marvin,

Not sure this is the same issue I saw with the Asus P5GDC-V Deluxe,
but when installing FC4 on my hardware I had to enter some gibberish
before it would successfully install. Forgive me if I don't explain
this correctly with the right terms (I am a BSD guy), but at the boot:
prompt when firing up the FC4 installer CD, you can enter something
like "linux JFS", but instead I first entered "ajldjlfadjasd"
(gibberish) and then after it reports the illegal option I then
provide it the option I want (i.e. "linux JFS"). The install seemed to
work fine after that without any exceptions.

Dave