[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.19 on XBox

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:57:07 UTC 2006

Well, I did not try to slim down Fedora I have a feeling that Lalee, I think
the owner operator of XFedora has probably trimmed it down knowing it was
going to run on an Xbox with limited resources but that however is just my
opinion and only Lalee would be able to confirm that assumption.

I started out with Fedora since I was not familiar at all with it and I
originally used Jarod's guide my first time around, I'm still very new to
the Linux thing and still run it on my backends.

Fedora is definitely different than Debian/Xebian for sure in some commands.
I had some problems learning the subtle differences but eventually found
what I was looking for. The wiki was created from some of my experiences
installing on the Xbox.

The reason why I ask is because it would be so much easier to get
package updates via atrpms for my XBox-MythTV, instead of dealing with
the Xebian package repositories, which are not updated as frequently.

As far as updates go, I don't use RPM's. I've recently started compiling my
own from SVN. It does take la ot longer but since I compiled the backend I
had no choice but to compile the front end to match. There's a good start on
a "how-to" install SVN on an Xbox on the myth.org wiki for it might be worth
a read.

If I can help let me know and I'll try.

AJM,