[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.19 on XBox

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:19:52 UTC 2006

On 2/25/06, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> The loopback works, I installed it a couple of weeks ago but I thought it
> was quite the system "hog" my xbox paused quite a bit and was havinf issues
> so I went back to Debian/Xebian...

I wonder if there is a way to slim-down XFedora4 so it can run as
smoothly as Xebian?  Did you try shutting down lots of services and
stuff?  What about switching to a lighter weight window manager?

The reason why I ask is because it would be so much easier to get
package updates via atrpms for my XBox-MythTV, instead of dealing with
the Xebian package repositories, which are not updated as frequently.

> The loopback option allows you to not format the entire drive on the xbox
> similar to the Debian/Xebian setup. Although you do have the option to
> reformat if you so desire.

Yes, you are correct; normally an HDD reformat should not be required.
 In my case, for some reason the loopback drive wouldn't mount
properly, and after some discussion on the XFedora4 forums, the
XFedora4 guy (whose name I forgot) suggested I reformat my E partition
back to FATX to solve that specific issue.