[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR 500 - sub-par playback quality (xorg.conf, bitrate in MythTV)

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Feb 27 08:28:53 UTC 2006

HI!

Soeren Larsen wrote:

> I had better follow up on this.
> Currently I am running with these settings activated and the picture
> quality has improved substantially, thank you! :o)

:-)

> However, I simple don't get why deinterlacing an interlaced signal can
> improve anything when I output to a PAL TV, which by my understanding is
> interlaced.

It has something to do with the TV out chip from NVidia. It always wants
to interlace the picture. On Matrox cards for example, this is
different, AFAIK.

I have heard that there are some NVidia driver versions, that do a
pass-through, if you have the correct resolution and modeline. If you
manage to get this to work, then I guess you do not need to deinterlace
in MythTV.

Thomas