[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR 500 - sub-par playback quality (xorg.conf, bitrate in MythTV)

Soeren Larsen soeren at whiteswan.dk
Thu Feb 23 17:44:39 UTC 2006

Thomas Börkel skrev:
> - enable large AudioBuffer in MythFrontend settings
> - enable Bob Deinterlacing in MythFrontend settings
> - record with 7000/8000 bps

I had better follow up on this.
Currently I am running with these settings activated and the picture
quality has improved substantially, thank you! :o)

However, I simple don't get why deinterlacing an interlaced signal can
improve anything when I output to a PAL TV, which by my understanding is
interlaced.

However, it is now looking good and I can move on to figuring out why it
is now crashing which it didn't before. ;o)

// Soeren