[mythtv-users] Nebula DVB-T problem after kernel update - SOLVED

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.net
Sat Feb 25 16:31:29 UTC 2006

> I had working Fedora Core 4 Myth installation with Nebula DVB-T card,
> with kernel 2.6.14. I pretty much followed
> <http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion/index.php/t13523.html> and got
> Nebula card working nicely.
>
> Then I (stupid me) upgraded kernel to 2.6.15 with yum and booted the
> machine couple times with the new kernel. After that Nebula doesn't work
> anymore, with either kernel. DVB devices are there, kernel modules seem
> to be right, card is recognized at boot, no errors in dmesg etc. But
> e.g. 'scan' or 'dvbstream' won't work anymore.

Just for the record, I got this solved and it had nothing to do with
kernel update :)

At some point, I started to use USB mouse without a reboot and all
worked well. Then when I upgraded the kernel and rebooted (couple weeks
later) both the USB-controller and the Nebula card got same IRQ! And
since then the card didn't work and I thought that it was related to the
kernel upgrade.

'cat /proc/interrupts' and 'lspci -v' among others are your friends when
solving IRQ problems.
--
   Otto