[mythtv-users] Firewire and SA3250HD box

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:45:56 UTC 2006

Does anyone have a fully funcitonal Mythtv setup with the Scientific Atlanta 3250HD cable box as the firewire input?  I have tried different configurations (broadcast v. p2p and different firewire adapters) but have yet to reliably record or watch live TV over firewire.

Currently I am using a firewire card with a TI chipset and have setup myth for the "Other" firewire cable box using p2p.  Oddly enough, this records every other program correctly.  When it fails, mythbackend reports "No input in 15 seconds" and creates a zero sized file.  However, if I then stopped the recording and reactivated it, it would work fine.  Also, in my changechan script (I use lirc) I reset the 1394 bus using  1394 commander.  Although, I have not noticed if this is a help or a hindrance.