[mythtv-users] ProjectGrayhem-wide theme version 1.2

Julian Edwards myth at julian-edwards.com
Wed Feb 22 21:26:15 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/19/2006 02:25 PM, James Stembridge wrote:
>
>> [Sorry, dragging up an old message here]
>>
>> 100 DPI in which direction? As I use a non-wide resolution (720x576)
>> to a wide display I can't set the DPI to be 100 in both direction and
>> have video displayed correctly.
>>
>> What's the recommended approach in this instance?
>>

> Depends on which one you want to be wrong.  ;)
>
> If you set your horizontal DPI to 100, graphics and text should line up
> horizontally, but may be offset vertically.  If you set your vertical
> DPI to 100...

This very issue has been bugging me for two years!  It seems to me that
there's a direct conflict between two separate uses of DisplaySize.  On
one hand, we need it to be set to 100dpi for the themes, but then Myth
needs it set to know what the aspect ratio is.

I don't know anything about the Myth code but I am a C++ coder of 10
years - how hard would it be to have a separate setting for the aspect
ratio?  Is there a good reason to use DisplaySize or is that just
historical?

J.