[mythtv-users] Blending/spanning two crt projectors using myth and nvidia nview

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Wed Feb 22 17:34:59 UTC 2006

On 21 Feb 2006 at 16:31, Steven Adeff wrote:

> First, since these are front projectors theres no need to go above
> 1080p for HD content,

What? I'm really struggling to understand your logic here. My Marquee will
display 2500 X 2000... content notwithstanding, what does this have to do
with the fact that it's a front projector?

> so 1920x1080p would be the max your going to
> want to drive with the two in parallel. Running a higher resolution
> will not do you anything since it will require a processor to upsample
> the content which is pointless for you.

Maybe so, and maybe no.

I drive my projector from two different computers. The other computer is a
WinXP box with an ATI 7500 card. I let that box upsample everything. Even
NTSC sources look good at 2100 x 1575 or so.

BTW, the WinXP picture is superior to my Myth box with an nVidia 5200...

Marvin Match