[mythtv-users] XvMC on Unichrome Pro (Via Nehemiah)

Greg Farrell greg at gregfarrell.org
Wed Feb 22 16:46:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 17:31 +0100, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My main question how do i know XvMC is working, and how to debug if it is not?

> My system is:
> Via Nehemiah  1.3Ghz
> Via Epia 13000  motherboard

I was able to tell by mythfrontends cpu usage dropping from 45% to 12%
on the same cpu as you have. That looks like you have XvMC working
correctly in X from the log. Did you compile mythtv with the XvMC option
turned on so it uses it though?

You need to check your configure options for --enable-xvmc-vld, if you
just do --enable-xvmc it won't compile the via xvmc support you need.

Despite only --disable-xvmc-vld being mentioned in the configure help,
it defaults to off :)

    Greg