[mythtv-users] XvMC on Unichrome Pro (Via Nehemiah)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Feb 22 22:28:01 UTC 2006

Greg Farrell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 17:31 +0100, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My main question how do i know XvMC is working, and how to debug if it is not?
>>

>> My system is:
>> Via Nehemiah  1.3Ghz
>> Via Epia 13000  motherboard
>>

> I was able to tell by mythfrontends cpu usage dropping from 45% to 12%
> on the same cpu as you have. That looks like you have XvMC working
> correctly in X from the log. Did you compile mythtv with the XvMC option
> turned on so it uses it though?
>
> You need to check your configure options for --enable-xvmc-vld, if you
> just do --enable-xvmc it won't compile the via xvmc support you need.
>
> Despite only --disable-xvmc-vld being mentioned in the configure help,
> it defaults to off :)

Ah  HAH. I just noticed something.
You have (like I have) the SP13000. This uses the unichrome-pro chipset.

Accordingly, you should configure mythtv with all of  extra
configuration switches enabled.

use:   --enable-xv --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-vld --enable-xvmc-pro
(especially the last!).

Run ./configure --help or open it with vim to see all of the defaults
and switches.

NEXT.  make sure that you have a file   /etc/X11/XvMCConfig which has
one line in it:   libViaXvMC.so.x.x (or possibly its libXcMCVia.so.x.x:
the Nvidia one is libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 but ISTR that the Via one
does not include the 'dynamic' bit.).

Man this stuff is obscure!. Some of it is mentioned almost in passing on
the openchrome site.

Geoff

--
       R. Geoffrey Newbury