[mythtv-users] Can you probe an nvidia card to get current modeline?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Tue Feb 21 14:18:45 UTC 2006

Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> If you really only want the modeline parameters use xvidtune, it will
> give you the exact timing.
>
> Jurgen

xvidtune is specific to XF86, Xorg, X-etra (couldn't resist.)  I'm
concerned with the resolution of my consoles vt[1-6].  Also some
applications that you run may change the resolution.  I would like to
have a command that I could run via a ssh to get the resolution/mode
coming out of the video card.  That can be very different than the mode
that X was initialized to.

Make sense?  I don't know enough to ask intelligent questions.  I
certainly am not qualified to give sensible explanations.

--RB