[mythtv-users] Transcode and remove commercials

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:22:29 UTC 2006

On 2/20/06, Matt Hannan <mythtvlist at cox.net> wrote:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.14
>   * After marking commercials, the transcoder can be run manually to
>     delete the commercials from the file (thus further saving space)
>
> Are there anyways to automate this process?

There is a commandline way to automatically convert commercial
autodetection points into a cutlist (same a s doing a "z" in edit
cutlist) - search the archives and you should find it.

Don't know about everyone else, but I almost never find a recording
where I'm 100% satisfied with the autodetected cutpoints. Sometimes
part of the show gets cut, too. I don't think I would ever want to
automate cutlist editing based on my experience.

-Ross