[mythtv-users] Various MythWeb nits and gripes---can I fix these somehow?

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:50:52 UTC 2006

On 2/17/06, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com> wrote:

> According to dictionary.com:
>         Scheduled - To plan or appoint for a certain time or date: scheduled a
> trip in June; was scheduled to arrive Monday.
>
> So, once you have reached the appointed date/time and begun recording,
> you've gone from something you plan on doing, to something that you are
> actually doing.

I find it interesting that your dictionary definition includes a past
event example "Was scheduled..."  Yet you somehow dismiss this in the
next paragraph.

But more to the point:
Something that is in progress is still scheduled.   Its scheduled to
record till it ends.

We are discussing th utility of the screen, not the dictionary
definitions.  The dictionary seems to be the last refuge for
nit-pickers these days.