[mythtv-users] Encrypted analog channels on firewire?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 02:21:42 UTC 2006

I've been getting analog channels (2-99) over firewire from my
DCT-6200 ever since I setup Myth.  Now just the other day, I stopped
getting channel 41 (USA).  I went into the diagnostic screen on the
cable box and it says channel 41 is encrypted!

I verified that it's a cable box problem by running test-mpeg2, and I
get squat when the cable box is on 41, but no problem on 40 or 42.  I
can see the channel fine if look at it through the coax output on the
cable box.

I guess I'll call up the cable company tomorrow and ask them about it,
but I thought I'd check if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I need my Law & Order: CI.

-Jerry