[mythtv-users] fine tuning on Plextor ConvertX

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Fri Feb 17 02:52:30 UTC 2006

Hello!  I'm moving my setup from a combined front-end/back-end to separate
machines.  I have purchased a Plextor ConvertX to reduce the load on the
backend system - currently I am using an el-cheapo bttv-based card.  I've
got the ConvertX working and generally I'm pleased with it.  The picture
quality is excellent and the load on the machine is negligible while it's
recording.

The only issue I'm facing is that channel 5 & 6 aren't coming in well with
the Plextor tuner.  I had the same issue on the old setup, and I fixed it
by using the channel editor to adjust the fine tuning.  This resolved the
problem in the old setup.

I've made the same adjustments in the new setup and it looks like the fine
tuning is not being applied - there is no noticeable change.  I was looking
through the driver source for the wis-g07007 driver and it looks like the
driver supports fine-tuning, so I was wondering if this was just an
omission of some sort in mythtv?  (Of course, it looks like it's handling
the ConvertX as a standard v4l tuner so that would be weird too.)

Thoughts, experiences, questions etc. welcome!

(I'm subscribed to mythtv-users, you don't need to Cc me.)

Thanks!
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin