[mythtv-users] Alternatives to DataDirect?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue Feb 14 13:20:08 UTC 2006

> Speaking of the new feature in 0.19 that honors the suggested download time,
> how does that work for those of us who use the automatic shutdown/restart

 I dare say it wouldn't work for those doing that which I expect are
relatively few compared to those that run the backend 24/7.
It's possible that is taken into account for setting a wakeup event
to download the listings, but without having looked into it, I'd
guess it likely doesn't.

 An init script or some such that executes when the box comes up, and
is intelligent enough to ensure that it only runs once per day would
probably be best.