[mythtv-users] Alternatives to DataDirect?

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:19:06 UTC 2006

On 2/13/06, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:

> > So when is the best time to be running the cron job for retrieving
> listings?
>
> Don't use a cronjob, use the built in ability for the backend to run
> mythfilldatabase itself. It will honour the suggested downlaod time from
> zap2it and allow them to spread their load.

Speaking of the new feature in 0.19 that honors the suggested download time,
how does that work for those of us who use the automatic shutdown/restart
feature?  If the suggested download time is a time when the machine is
turned off, the result would be no listings.  Should we run mythfilldatabase
once a day from the shutdown script?