[mythtv-users] Radeon 8500 hdtv questions...

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Feb 14 08:03:56 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 14:45, Steven Adeff wrote:
> A friend of mine had a spare Radeon 8500 laying around and let me
> borrow it to see if I can get it to play with my HDTV better than my
> nvidia card is.

Good luck. I've personally found Radeon cards to be complete and total crap
w/HDTV, though its been a while. Couldn't ever get a Radeon 9200 Pro to work
worth a damn with the fglrx, radeon or gatos drivers -- different problems
with each one of them.

> So I got the drivers installed and everything, but so far I can't
> figure out how to get it to output an HDTV signal to my tv through its
> DVI port. I was using my nvidia card this way, and even tried the
> modeline I was using with no luck.

Which driver are you using? The fglrx driver includes some utilities for
setting up custom modelines, maybe that's the ticket...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com