[mythtv-users] Radeon 8500 hdtv questions...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:45:48 UTC 2006

A friend of mine had a spare Radeon 8500 laying around and let me
borrow it to see if I can get it to play with my HDTV better than my
nvidia card is.

So I got the drivers installed and everything, but so far I can't
figure out how to get it to output an HDTV signal to my tv through its
DVI port. I was using my nvidia card this way, and even tried the
modeline I was using with no luck.

So, anyone using an 8500 for HDTV through the DVI port? Could you
paste your xorg.conf file? I'd like to see if theres some options I'm
missing.

Also, I notice ATI sells adaptors for the Radeon cards to be able to
use Component cables for HDTV, anyone know which one I would need to
get for the 8500 card?

thanks!

--
Steve