[mythtv-users] Zap2it outage?

chris@cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Feb 10 08:26:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:21:40PM -0800, Anthony Floyd wrote:
> I wondered about that too.  However, I emailed Zap2It and they've told
> me that they haven't intentionally blacklisted my IP.

I wasn't thinking in terms of blacklists, but simply the fact that most
web servers have a limit to how many connections they will accept, and
extras get ignored.  If you're trying to fetch your schedule at the same
time as thousands of other users then you could have problems.  Try
running a manual fetch during the day and see if you get through.

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)