[mythtv-users] s/pdif sound fc 4

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:55:22 UTC 2006

> > Thank you for the tip. I tried it, still sound just out of internal
> > speaker :(

I wrote what I had to do to get digital sound on this page:
http://www.hydrix.com/mythtv/

check the .asoundrc and how to modify it for your hardware.
run aplay -l
and see where the digital output is located.

If you're running into a problem,  paste here the output of aplay -l

Also, disable the KDE sound server. KDE sound is exclusive, and while it's
playing MythTV can't access it. By default on FC4, KDE will take exclusive
access to the soundcard for 60s and will give it back after this time only

JY