[mythtv-users] Second Monitor

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Mon Feb 6 14:02:48 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm thinking of adding a small lcd (5inch) to a second, old 8mb matrox
pci graphics card, to make it easier to play music and schedule
recordings without needing to turn the TV on, or if someone is using
the TV for other purposes.

Because this is going to be off an old, basic graphics card, I don't
want video to play on this card. I believe I can set mplayer to only
play on a second card, using -xineramadisplay=X, but is it possible to
do the same for the internal player.

e.g. both displays should show the mythfrontend, but only the TV,
through my nvidia card, should show videos or live TV

Thanks