[mythtv-users] HD-3000 artifacts if computer does 'anything' else

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 04:57:22 UTC 2006

On 2/5/06, Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> >
> > hard drive can't write fast enough. at least that caused it for me.
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> What did you get to resolve it? I have it recording to  a 250 gig
> Hitachi Deskstar... It's a 7200 RPM ATA133 with 8mb cache running on a
> ATA100 controller. I don't see how the math works that this wouldn't be
> enough.

three drive RAID5 array for recordings and a Seagate Baracuda drive
for the db files. I can now record off my HD3000, DCT6200, PVR150 and
playback an HD recording all at the same time with no problems.
Previously just recording 1 HD show and playing back an HD show at the
same time caused data glitches.

--
Steve