[mythtv-users] PVR-500 image quality and missing channels

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 5 20:03:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 03:53:54PM -0400, Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
> Also there's a few channels I have on the TV that I can't see on the
> MythTV box, could that be the source that doesn't have a strong enough
> signal for the TV tuner? I noticed it's mainly in the higher channels,
> like 40-70.

General rule of thumb: if you have more than 2 devices splitting your
cable signal: get an amp.  Make sure it's wideband enough, and if you
have PPV or Cablemodem service, that it's bidirectional.  Put it as
close to your incoming tap as you can possibly manage.

If you want to pay the cable company: have them put it in instead.

The only thing you might split before it would be a cablemodem.

Getting everything set just right on this front isn't trivial, but wil
make a noticeable difference in your analog cable reception.

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?