[mythtv-users] 3x Dvico Fusion DVB-T Lite cards in one backend?

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 02:31:03 UTC 2006

On 2/1/06, Tim Potter <tpot at samba.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:30:46PM +1100, Tim Potter wrote:
>
> > Speaking of which, has anyone managed to get the antenna pass-through
> > connector working on the DVICO Lite cards?  I have two lite cards the
> > second of which wouldn't work unless I put a splitter in instead of
> > using the pass-through.  It was almost as if the pass-through was not
> > working at all the reception was so bad.  I wonder if there is some
> > driver setting to turn it on/off?
>
> OK I take that back.  Wiring problem.  Ahem.  I now have three tuners
> working daisy chained off one connection.  The last card still has
> consistently zero error rates which is nice.
>
> Also my $9.95 four way (!) splitter turns out to be rubbish.  A single
> tuner connected through it drops in and out of lock, and gets errors
> even though it is the only device attached.
>

> Tim.

Hey thanks guys,

I am moving into the new house at the end of the month and there is already
money put a side for brandspanking new antenna.
I found a great article from, believe it or not, Jaycar on the web. I can
find it at the moment but it was really good. It said that you can actually
make the signal worse by adding a signal booster.

I think i saved it someplace. it went on to say a lot of the problems with
tv can be solved with a booster on the mast head  and then you can install,
line conditioners,i think was the term.

Basically you set each one to the tv channels frequency and it cleans  them
up.

So, I have an executive order to fix the Mythtv Box as it stuffed the
recording of Prison Break the other night. Not bad enough, you could watch
it right up till 5 min before the end and then it lost audio sync. Again
typically a TV antenna signal problem. And that would be right seeing the
Mythtv box is running on a set of bunny ears. (i can almost see the
transmission tower)

SO it looks like i get some more money.

"sure i can fix it form doing that honey, but it means we have to get a new
antenna and another card."
whooo hooooo

I will see if i can find that link again.

CH