[mythtv-users] Program Guide speed on Epia M9000

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Feb 1 13:51:56 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Marco Ridoni wrote:
>

>> The program guide, on my Epia M9000 (C3 at 933MHz) based MythTV system is really slow.
>> It takes ten seconds to enter the first screen and 2-3 seconds each time I scroll one
>> row up or down. I've tried with different themes (Retro, Blue, GANT, etc.) and different
>> graphics fill settings but it doesn't seem to matter a lot. Is anyone experiencing similar problems?
>> Is this a DB issue? For everything else the system works quite well: Live TV is not a problem and
>> DiVX videos are played without a hitch.
>>

> Myth can't find the channel icons.  Fix your config.
>
> Mike
Are you saying that a channel icon is (effectively) required by myth?
And that the delay in tuning etc. is due to a 'search and not-find' delay?

If so, any thoughts on where/how to patch the code to skip the search
entirely? I don't particularly care about having channel icons... I've
not missed them to date, but I have noticed the delay in screen
changing.. and I have an Epia Sp13000.

Geoff

--
       R. Geoffrey Newbury