[mythtv-users] nuvexport - drastic quality difference

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 01:23:32 UTC 2006

I have also noticed that ffmpeg quality is significantly lower than
transcode, although I haven't done any serious testing. The default bitrate
for nuvexport is pretty high. I use nuvexport with transcode (fast denoise,
multi pass, and deinterlacing on) at a rate of 800 - 900 depending on amount
of high action scenes. Transcode times are pretty long, but you can squash a
100 min video down to ~700 mb with acceptable quality.