[mythtv-users] NFS woes

Aaron Blew aaronblew at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 03:17:16 UTC 2006

Just to mention my experiences: I'm running an NFS root mythtv machine on
top of XFS on top of LVM on top of Software RAID 5 on 3 250GB SATA drives.
The server itself is a dual P-III 550 with 2GB of RAM and an Intel 100mbit
NIC.  The client is a Athlon XP1800+ with 1GB of ram and an Intel 100mbit
NIC and a Hauppauge PVR-150.  My NFS mount options are simple:
nfsvers=3,tcp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768.

Even though my throughput is CPU limited on the server side, I haven't seen
any shuddering or poor performance.

-Aaron