[mythtv-users] NFS woes

Tom Wright thomaswright at cantab.net
Wed Dec 6 22:26:33 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:29, Björn Lundin wrote:
> I see a pattern in the naming scheme I would not expect outside a
> nordic country, nice ;-)

Thanks! ;)  Just thought they sounded nice really :)

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:30, Allan Wilson wrote:
> I ended going to version 4 and this fixed all my problems. I ended up
> posting an article on the wiki explaining how to do  this on Ubuntu. I am
> very happy with the way things are working now, finally.

Hmm, I think NFSv4 is a bit experimental for me...thanks for the tip though,
I'll have a go at that if ext3 still gives me gip.

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:52, greg at nodecam.com wrote:
> I didn't do anything special with it - I just did mke2fs -j.  You might
> want to try -T largefile4, which I would have done if I'd had half a clue
> when I first set it up.

OK, I'll read the manpage again and do something similar.

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:51, Christian Burger wrote:
> This shouldn't be an issue with the delete slowly option now available in
> .20

Good plan, I'll do that then.

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 22:01, Henk Schoneveld wrote:
> Once I also had 'NFS' problems, what later turned out to be a defective
> network card which I could tell by using the ping -f (floading) which
> tells, or not, how many packets are dropped.

Good idea, but I've tested both cards and am not getting any problems.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice, I'll post back with success or lack
thereof once I've reconfigured it.

Tom