[mythtv-users] Possible XvMC prebuffering issues solution?

Jason Ferrara jason at discordia.org
Sun Dec 3 06:40:41 UTC 2006

I dug through the code, and figured out what the problem is. At least
one of the problems.

Mythtv 0.20 has two new OSD sets, InteractiveTV and CC708 (whatever
those are), that are always 'displaying', even when they don't
actually have anything to display.

What this means is that those of us with systems that with mythtv
0.19 could play back HD with XvMC fine, but would stutter when the
OSD is active, now stutter all the time.

If you go to OSD::InitDefaults in libs/libmythtv/osd.cpp and comment
out the InitCC708 and InitInteractiveTV calls (and rebuild mythtv),
you'll probably find HD playback with XvMC starts working (assuming
you don't have an XvMC configuration problem). Of course doing this
probably breaks something. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is
to make the CC708 and InteractiveTV OSDs behave.

I tried the above and everything seems to be working fine. Apparenty
CC708 and InteractiveTV are something I don't use.

- J