[mythtv-users] Possible XvMC prebuffering issues solution?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Dec 3 15:27:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 01:40 -0500, Jason Ferrara wrote:
> I dug through the code, and figured out what the problem is. At least
> one of the problems.
>
> Mythtv 0.20 has two new OSD sets, InteractiveTV and CC708 (whatever
> those are), that are always 'displaying', even when they don't
> actually have anything to display.
>
> What this means is that those of us with systems that with mythtv
> 0.19 could play back HD with XvMC fine, but would stutter when the
> OSD is active, now stutter all the time.
>
> If you go to OSD::InitDefaults in libs/libmythtv/osd.cpp and comment
> out the InitCC708 and InitInteractiveTV calls (and rebuild mythtv),
> you'll probably find HD playback with XvMC starts working (assuming
> you don't have an XvMC configuration problem). Of course doing this
> probably breaks something. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is
> to make the CC708 and InteractiveTV OSDs behave.
>
> I tried the above and everything seems to be working fine. Apparenty
> CC708 and InteractiveTV are something I don't use.

Are you using 0.20 without updates from the fixes branch? This problem
should have been fixed in the fixes branch several months ago, so if
it is still a problem in fixes I would like to know...

FYI CC708 is for ATSC closed captions and InteractiveTV is for MHEG
Standard Interactive Television used in the OK.

-- Daniel