[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE with TYAN Thunder i7500

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 18:49:52 UTC 2006

On 8/29/06, darth vader <darth.vader.sl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I know this "should" work, but I am wondering if anyone can give me a
> definite yes or no.
>
> The "new" backend is a TYAN Thunder i7500.  As this is a server board it
> uses PCI-X.  The Hauppauge card is PCI.
>  I know you can put PCI cards into PCI-X slots if they are PCI 2.? or
> higher.  Anyone know for sure what PCI standard the
> 500's adhere too?  Can I use them in this board?  Thanks.

I have a pvr250 in a TYAN thunder k7 (with PCI-X slots) and a PVR 500
in a Thunder K8W (S2885) with pci-x slots too. Currently I know the
pvr 500 is in the only pci slot on the board and I am not sure what
slot the pvr250 is as this is an older board. If you want (when I get
home) it would take me 10 minutes to put the pvr 500 in a pci-x slot
and post the results.

John