[mythtv-users] Latest SVN gives blue faces in transcoded recordings

Chris Gentle gentlec at hiwaay.net
Tue Aug 29 01:48:24 UTC 2006

Hi.  I updated to SVN 10976 and have a weird problem.  I have an
pcHDTV HD-5500 card that captures OTA HD broadcasts.  Since I don't
have an HDTV yet I transcode these files into something I can watch
on my old TV.

It looks like the latest upgrade broke playback of these transcoded
files.  Now everyone has blue faces.  In other words, the colors are
screwed up.  I can play the transcoded files back on another
computer (outside of mythtv) and they look just perfect.  It's
apparently only in the playback from mythfrontend.

Anyone else noticed this?  Do I need to file a bug report?

Here's some info about my setup:

Master backend:

Athlon XP 2400+
600GB drive space (LVM'd)
Hauppauge PVR-350 (using decoder for output)
  Dish Network on S-Video input
  OTA analog broadcasts on tuner input
pcHDTV HD-5500
  OTA digital broadcasts on tuner input