[mythtv-users] Aus: rex.pl and mythfilldatabase

Mark Hetherington redcane at redcane.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 23 21:29:46 UTC 2006

If you set it up to be in your path as "tv_grab_au", then mythtv's normal
mythfildatabase process can run it and automatically direct the output to
mythfilldatabase. On my system if I run mythfilldatabase with no parameters,
it defaults to this behaviour (i.e. it runs tv_grab_au with the right
parameters to tell it where the output should go so that mythfilldatabase can
get it).

On a debian system, the mythtv packages configure a cron job to run
mythfilldatabase every day. I believe it's also possible to set the backend
to do this through mythtv-setup.

Mark