[mythtv-users] MythTV and a DirecTV HD reciever

Disconnect mythtv at gotontheinter.net
Wed Aug 23 12:40:26 UTC 2006

When they passed the firewire law, they were thinking about cable and forgot
sat.  So your only real option is painfully expensive -
http://www.169time.com/

Looks like their 'sale prices' are about $800, plus (usually) the AVX1 for
$400. (Or get them to upgrade your receiver for $600 plus the AVX1.)  If you
are fond of hand-soldering to surface mount chips, the DIY kits are $400.

Reports are that they work great, but ymmv. I've been glaring at that page
and my bank statement off and on for a while now :)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, James W. Mills did have cause to say: