[mythtv-users] MythTV and a DirecTV HD reciever

list at onnow.net list at onnow.net
Wed Aug 23 12:56:45 UTC 2006

So, if a person went for the 169time mod on a sat dish receiver box....
Would you simply be able to record all channels in HD though firewire?
  Sound and all?  I assume that you would need an IR Blaster, but if
there were no encryption issues and all channels were simply there and
available via firewire, maybe that $600 would not be so pricey.....

How is firewire support ion Myth?
What kind of hardware would be required to run this?  Fairly
substantial ( IO wuold be large )  Would the firewire input be
compressed or uncompressed?  If compresed, then what does the
de-compression?

I am thinking of doing this if it would be easily do-able.
Anyone else out there using firewire, 169time mod, and myth?

Mark