[mythtv-users] Remote just quit

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:30:58 UTC 2006

On 21/08/06, Michael Picco <mpicco at placerville.net> wrote:
> I finally was able to see some progress with my MythTV setup.  It was
> encouraging to finally see TV via mythtv!  What I can't figure out is
> why the remote seems to stop operating when I run the myth frontend.
> The remote is the A415-HPG on a Hauppauge PVR-350.
>
> I can drop to a console and run irw and press remote buttons to see the
> screen indicate which button I've pressed.  It seemed to work until I
> rebooted the machine to see that all was working as I'd have expected.
> Any ideas as to what I might check, or what I might have done wrong?

If you want to use MythTV with its native LIRC support (i.e. without
running irexec/irxevent) you need to ensure you have a valid MythTV
configuration in your ~/.lircrc (and ~/.mythtv/lircrc) file.

For example, using a remote named "Hauppauge_350" in /etc/lircd.conf,
and a button named "UP" in the same file, the following block should
ensure that pressing the "UP! button on the remote sends MythTV the
"up" command:

# Up
begin
remote = Hauppauge_350
prog = mythtv
button = UP
repeat = 3
config = Up
end

There are several example lircrc files for MythTV online, you just
need to ensure it is properly configured for use with your
remote/button names.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: