[mythtv-users] ir blaster and changing channels

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Tue Aug 22 04:30:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am sorry if this has been asked before on this list, but I can't seem
to find any information.  I recently had to hook my mythtv system to a
directv system that has no serial connection.  Thus, I am using an ir
blaster.  I have everything working just fine, except when mythtv
changes the channel, it inputs the frequency instead of the channel
number when changing channels.  I am getting my channel information from
zap2it, and am running mythtv-19-fixes.

I assume there is a db update that I can run to fix this, but don't know
what it is.  Also, if I do update the channel info with a sql statement,
will mythfilldatabase overwrite this info next time it runs?

Thanks,

Tim braje