[mythtv-users] Firewire question

list at onnow.net list at onnow.net
Mon Aug 21 16:10:01 UTC 2006

Quoting Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com>:

> On 8/21/06, Aaron Howard <archanoid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just looking for some verification here.  From everything I've read
>> (google, old mythtv threads, etc.) it appears using firewire I should be
>> able to get the digital cable and HD channels from my SA3250HD box
>> (non-5C channels, that is), but I still need an NTSC tuner to get the
>> SD/analog channels and some other way to get down-sampled 5C channels.
>>
>> Is that correct?  It's not a problem, but I'm in the planning phase for
>> setting up an HD MythTV rig and trying to cover my bases.
>>
>> thanks,
>> -Aaron

> What channels you will get varies by your provider but in general you will
> not be able to get all your channels so most opt to go with a combo firewire
> for HD channels and something like a PVR150 for analog channels. It's what I
> am using and works pretty good.
>
> Allan

Please elaborate on your setup. I am interested as this is what I am
wanting to do as well.
So for example, channels 2-35 in through analog cable to a PVR-150 and
36-47 ( just an example) in through firewire from a set top box?  And
now, will Myth know that 2-35  is from one source, and 36-47 from
another and have no probs with that?

Thank you,

Mark