[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Schmidt, Bodo Bodo.Schmidt at ga.com
Sat Aug 19 23:47:20 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I got my Myth box working nicely, but still messing around with the
hardware mpeg decoders, so right now I'm accessing the videos over my
network. THe speed is fast enough (the myth box is  wireless).

When I use mythweb and look at the recorded shows, things are
different on PC and MAC:
       PC: The status bar shows the link: myth://192.168.1.70:6543/xxx.mpg
       MAC: The status bar shows the link: http://192.168.1.70/mythweb/data/recordings/xxx.mpg <http://192.168.1.70/mythweb/data/recordings/xxx.mpg>

The Mac works wonderfully - it launches Quicktime and streams the
video. The PC link however doesn't work. I googled a bit and
installed the DSMyth software, but it still doesn't work.

Right now I'm going through samba manually - it works, but it's just
difficult because of the file name convention.

Can anybody share how they have it working on a PC?

Thanks!

Bodo