[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 20 00:35:04 UTC 2006

On 08/19/06 19:47, Schmidt, Bodo wrote:

> I got my Myth box working nicely, but still messing around with the
> hardware mpeg decoders, so right now I'm accessing the videos over my
> network. THe speed is fast enough (the myth box is  wireless).
>
> When I use mythweb and look at the recorded shows, things are
> different on PC and MAC:
>        PC: The status bar shows the link: myth://192.168.1.70:6543/xxx.mpg
>        MAC: The status bar shows the link:
> http://192.168.1.70/mythweb/data/recordings/xxx.mpg
>
> The Mac works wonderfully - it launches Quicktime and streams the
> video. The PC link however doesn't work. I googled a bit and
> installed the DSMyth software, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Right now I'm going through samba manually - it works, but it's just
> difficult because of the file name convention.
>
> Can anybody share how they have it working on a PC?

If you can't get it to work with DSMyth filters on Windows, you can tell
MythWeb not to use the myth:// URL for Windows clients.

If you're using SVN, go into Settings|MythTV global defaults and change
the Video URL as described in the help comment at the bottom of the page.

If you're using 0.19(-fixes)?, edit config/conf.php as described in the
comments:

// video_url is normally determined automatically (a local link to
data/recordings
//   for Linux/MacOS, and a myth:// URL for windows machines), but you
can override
//   it here to something else if you really need to.
#   define('video_url', 'data/recordings');
#   define('video_url', 'file://machine_name/path_to_videos');
#   define('video_url', 'myth://slave_backend_ip:6543');

Mike