No subject

Wed Aug 16 01:22:49 UTC 2006

---------------------------------
--0-418219649-1155703315=:57559

 include the new drive.&nbsp; I did not say that in my first message because LVM is all new to me so I'm not really sure how far we got, technically.&nbsp; Functionally, I know that we gave up before figuring out why MythTV only recognized the original disk space (excluding the new drive).<br><br>As newbies struggling to get a clue in the wee hours of Saturday morning, we adjourned at that point, planning to do more research later.&nbsp; When I checked things Saturday afternoon, I discovered the clicking sound of the new drive and suspected other trouble.<br><br>From the output of pvdisplay, it looks to me like most of the PEs are unavailable which I interpreted to mean that they are part of VolGroup00 and not available for assignment to another group.&nbsp; That's only a guess on my part.&nbsp; I'm hopeful that since MythTV didn't report the added space as available, perhaps no data was written there.&nbsp; More importantly, I'm hopeful that we can substitute an identical
 replacement disk, assign it the UUID from the failed one, and then at least be able to access the data on the original two physical volumes.&nbsp; We'll have to deal with our [larger than planned] logical volume in a separate step.&nbsp; Finally, we'll switch to ReiserFS having learned our lesson.<br><p>&#32;
		<hr size=1>How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com"> PC-to-Phone call rates.
--0-418219649-1155703315=:57559--