[mythtv-users] Add Reboot menu item problem..

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 00:04:38 UTC 2006

I found a write up on creating a "Reboot" menu item that I can't get to work
(http://mythfrontend.topcities.com/) extract at the bottom. I followed the
instructions but the system won't reboot I get the menu item and a quick
blink but no reboot?

I'm guessing it might be a permission problem? I'm using mythtv as my user
so I simply replaced mce with mythtv "mythtv
ALL=NOPASSWD:/sbin/shutdown,/sbin/reboot"

Any thoughts or ideas anyone might have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AJM

6.11 adding a reboot button
Being able to shutdown the xbox from mythfrontend is nice, but sometimes a
reboot is preferred,
e.g. if you'd like to play a game or so. To allow this, one can add a button
on the mythfrontend
menu. To prevent accidents, it is good practice to create an extra submenu
for this. Below, the
contents of /usr/share/mythtv/reboot.xml is given. This is a new file I
created myself.
<mythmenu name="REBOOT">
<button>
<text>No, not right now</text>
<action>MENU mainmenu.xml</action>
</button>
<button>
<text>Yes, reboot please</text>
<action>EXEC sudo /sbin/reboot</action>
</button>
</mythmenu>
To access this submenu, simply add the following snippet in the menu where
you'd like to add it.
For instance in /usr/share/mythtv/mainmenu.xml.
21
<button>
<text>Reboot</text>
<action>MENU reboot.xml</action>
</button>
Obviously, this will only work if this command is added to the sudoers file
as was done in subsection
6.9. The mce line should now contain the following:
mce ALL=NOPASSWD:/sbin/shutdown,/sbin/reboot