[mythtv-users] feature suggestion: pause at end of playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 12 19:35:24 UTC 2006

On 08/12/06 07:20, Paul Andreassen wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:28 pm, Tom Lichti wrote:
>

>>Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>

>>>Automatically Skip Commercials
>>>    - Off
>>>    - Notify, but do not skip
>>>    - Automatically Skip
>>>Automatically skip commercial breaks that have been flagged during
>>>Automatic Commercial Flagging or by the mythcommflag program, or just
>>>notify that a commercial has been detected.
>>>
>>>If so, I'm assuming you mean that turning it to "Off" doesn't changethe
>>>behavior.  If that's correct, what happens when you use "Notify"?
>>>

>>Yes, turning it to 'Off' does not work. I haven't tried 'Notify', I will
>>have to do that.
>>

>Why would you need 'Notify'?  Surely you can tell a commercial from a program
>and if its wrong, it'll only annoy you.

Because it notifies me 2 seconds before the start of the commercial
break, so I have time to pick up the remote, allowing me--remote in
hand--to skip the commercial immediately upon the end of the show.
Saves me (reaction_time * num_breaks_per_show) I watch.

However, more to the point, I need Tom to test whether he sees the
effect of changing the setting to notify to see whether any change to
that setting is visible.  This will give me more information to try to
help figure out where the breakage he reported occurs (his
configuration/database, MythTV code, etc.).

Mike