[mythtv-users] First Time with TV - issues

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 16:50:15 UTC 2006

> Hi all
>
> I connected my Myth box to the TV for the first time tonight. All went
> well except for a couple of issues.
>
> Firstly, Myth show fine and uses all the screen. I have the screen set
> at 800x600. However when viewing a recording the display is down and
> left a bit and show a blue line around the viewport (at least the bit
> that you can see). I do have TVOverScan set to 1.0 as suggested in an
> earlier posting - would this be the problem?  My video card is a nVidia
> FX5200 and the TV is an analog Blaupunkt 70CM - PAL-B.
>
> Secondly, I did not have a keyboard or mouse attached when I first fired
> it up. Problem is, is that quite a few of the remote keys/presses don't
> work in this scenario. Shutdown, connect a keyboard and they come back.
> I am currently using the IR port on my Compro Videomate DVB-T300 card.
> Any way to get around this?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

I'm not aware of how to fix the position (perhaps you can play with the
window size settings in MythTV), but you can fix the blue line by using
"xvattr" - search on the archives for more information about that.

I don't know why keypresses wouldn't work without a keyboard attached, but
then again, I have a wireless IR keyboard hooked up at all times because
there's some rare things that you'd want a keyboard for.  Plus, when I
finally get a motherboard that supports waking via keyboard events, I have
my remote control setup to send a key to wake up the machine and start it
up (proof of concept worked on another motherboard, I just need to get
some money to buy one).

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com