[mythtv-users] Modeline adjustments?

Tim Scholl tascholl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 01:38:35 UTC 2006

The final frontier!  Have Myth running great I am now trying to transition
to the HDTV display!

I found a standard modeline of 1080i and put it into my XF86Config-4 config.
----------------
 HorizSync 31.5 - 37.9
 VertRefresh 59 - 61

ModeLine "ATSC-1080-60i" 74.25 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125
Interlace
---------------

I startup mythtv and the dispay looks good on my monitor!!  sooooooooo...
I attached the vga output to an Audio Authority A960 transcoder, turned on
my HDTV, and got WALLA!!   A fantastic picture,  great color, stable, no
jitter and looks great.

Only one problem!!

The left hand side of what should be the normal display,  is in the middle
of the screen!!   Then rest of the display drops off at the end of the
screen and wraps around to the other side and joins again in the middle.
The full display is visable and clear as a bell!

Since it looks good on the monitor, why is it so far off when displayed on
the HDTV?
Not being a that familer with modelines, is this a modeline issue or do I
need to look elsewhere?

Does anyone know what needs to be adjusted to get it to shifted to the left
hand side?

Thanks

Tim Scholl

System Configuration