[mythtv-users] Help getting SPDIF working on NForce4 under FC5

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 15:15:59 UTC 2006

Sorry for the top post but its the only option when the poster uses html
format.

I am running a nforce mobo with spdif out myself. What works for me was to
get the asoundrc from the hints section of the wilsonet site. Then I
configured myth to use ALSA:spdif for the output device and then you have to
set the mixer to default. Either that or disable the mixer setup in myth
completely. Also make sure to unselect the passthru modes for the various
audio formats. At that point it should just work for you. As far as
conectivity goes, I suspect a bad mobo too. If you have a cheap nic card try
putting it in as a test.